How leaders can find opportunities and strengths in uncertain times, according to expert panelists
The Australia Awards Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) hosted a virtual panel discussion on Leadership in Times of Uncertainty.
The panel, including; Dr Tess Newton Cain (Convenor), Pacific Hub Project Lead, Griffith Asia Institute, The Hon. Gary Juffa, Governor of Oro Province and Member of the National Parliament of Papua New Guinea, Eleni Levin-Tevi, Programme Coordinator and Head of the Office of the European Union National Authorising Officer of the Government of Tonga, and Glen Craig, Managing Partner, Pacific Advisory, discussed what effective leadership looks like (and what it can look like) when the future is so unclear.
Key findings and recommendations arising from the event are documented in the summary paper below. They include:
- Adapting leadership during uncertainty
- Communicating effectively
- Planning during uncertainty
- Self-care tips for leaders
- Making leadership more inclusive & culturally aware
- Building local expertise, skills & outreach systems
- Returning to tradition & local goods